What is a Virtual Tour
Virtual Tours Turn Your Clients into Your Best Sales People!
Before we talk about what a virtual tour is, I think it’s important to address why they are so valuable. Top Selling Agents have figured it out… When you provide a virtual tour for your listings, buyers and sellers post it on facebook and twitter, and they share that tour with everyone-they-know; neighbors, friends, and co-workers. That translates into POWERFUL word-of-mouth advertising. But they’re not just promoting your listings, they’re referring YOU, and showing the world what you do to market homes, vs. the competition.
- Adding a virtual tour to your listing is like adding a frame to a valuable painting. It makes it stand out from the crowd and says “there’s something special and valuable here”.
- Virtual Tours make a home look and feel more attractive, and THAT makes your sellers like you more.
- Listings with virtual tours attract more clicks and are more likely to turn viewers into clients.
- Buyers love virtual tours because it’s a much nicer way to share their new purchase with friends and family, than sharing the mls page.
- Virtual Tours are extremely inexpensive, yet pay higher dividends than any other kind of marketing.
So, what is a Virtual Tour?
Wikipedia has a pretty good definition. A virtual tour is a simulation of an existing location, usually composed of a sequence of video images. They also may use other multimedia elements such as sound effects, music, narration, and text. The phrase “virtual tour” is often used to describe a variety of video and photographic-based media. Panorama indicates an unbroken view, since a panorama can be either a series of photographs or panning video footage. However, the phrases “panoramic tour” and “virtual tour” have mostly been associated with virtual tours created using still cameras. Such virtual tours are made up of a number of shots taken from a single vantage point. The camera and lens are rotated around what is referred to as a nodal point (the exact point at the back of the lens where the light converges).
Now that you know what a virtual tour is and what it can do for your business